Thank you so much for coming to our transit summit. It is so important that we get to know each other and make friends, improve our organizing skills, and assess and improve our goals and plans to win real change for transit riders.
Here’s the handouts from the presentations.
- Grassroots organizing with Olivia Chow, Change Leaders Institute
- How to build a local group with Amara Possian, Generation Squeeze, and Jessica Bell, TTCriders. Here’s the Self-assessment sheet, PPT presentation, and How-to guide.
- How to recruit people with Bill Worrell, TTCriders, and Susan Kwong, Social Planning Toronto. Here’s the Canvassing training handout and PPT 1 and PPT 2 presentation.
- How to build a campaign with Effie Vlachoyannachos, Maytree Foundation
- How to lobby with Gideon Foreman, David Suzuki Foundation
- How to use social media with Nirmalan Vijeyakumar, TTCriders
Complete our transit summit evaluation so we can improve. The form is also below.
Organizing an event or a campaign? We invite you to share your ideas on our facebook page, write a blog post and post it on our website, or post on our twitter feed so others in our movement can learn about it. Just let us know.
Campaigns that we know about include:
– I Love Malvern
– Social Planning Toronto
– Scarborough Transit Action
– Transport Action Ontario
– Jane Finch Action Against Poverty
– David Suzuki Foundation
– East Scarborough Storefront
– Jane Finch Centre
– Free Transit Toronto – firstname.lastname@example.org
Did we miss one? Please tell us and we’ll add to this blog post.
Next campaigns meeting. TTCriders holds its campaigns committee meetings on the first Monday of every month at 720 Bathurst St, 6pm – 8.30pm. You can also come to a meeting as an observer to see if you want to organize with us. Contact Bill for more information email@example.com or Kamilla firstname.lastname@example.org.