TTCriders is hiring a new executive director. Are you an experienced organizer who wants to make a difference in getting better and more affordable transit in Toronto? Apply by email to email@example.com. The complete job description follows below.
TTCriders Executive director
Full time contract. Position starts Oct. 1 or Oct 15, 2017.
$62,400 a year. Benefits. Four weeks vacation pro-rated.
9 months, possibility for extension.
This position reports to TTCriders board.
Please send cover letter and resume in one document. Application is rolling so apply as soon as you can. In your application please explain why you want the job and how your skill set matches the job description and the responsibilities.
Executive Director Responsibilities
- Coordinate the work of the Board
- Manage the budget including oversight of a bookkeeper
- Ensure all legal obligations of the organization are met
- Execute the strategy of the organization
Fundraising and membership management:
- Implement the TTCriders fundraising strategy
- Coordinate our membership strategy
- Maintain and build relationships with donors
- Apply for and secure grants
- Organize end-of-year fundraiser and AGM
Campaigning and Outreach
- Lead organizer on high profile and effective campaigns in partnership with our members
- Coordinate the work of the committees, including the campaigns committee
- Coordinate strategic outreach opportunities
- Nurture and maintain relationships with key organizations
- Speak to the media, and support other members to speak to the media
Skill-set and experience
- This is a senior level position. Applicants should have a minimum of four years experience in a non-profit, union, political or equivalent setting.
- We are looking for a candidate that ideally has the following skills and/or experience:
- Experience managing a small non-profit
- Fundraising experience
- Grassroots organizing and social movement campaigning experience
- Volunteer management experience
- Financial management experience
- Organizational development experience
- Communications experience
- Comfortable using a variety of software programs, including word processing and contact management databases
- Enjoys working with lots of different people
- High tolerance for uncertainty
- A track record of achieving campaign results
- Knowledge of Toronto transit issues
- Already established relationships with transit riders, labour, the social service agency sector, politicians, and relevant advocacy and community groups in Toronto
- Fluent in English and another language, especially Chinese or French
- Commitment to anti-oppression practices
TTCriders is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to being an anti-oppressive organization. We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, aboriginal people, women, the LGBTQ community, and other marginalized people.
TTCriders is a grassroots transit advocacy organization that gives Torontonians who use the TTC a voice. We are a volunteer and committee led organization. Our goal is to build a TTC that works with and for transit riders. We have become one of the most active transit rider organizations in North America.
Our vision for a public transit system is based on the following guiding principles:
- Fair and affordable fares
- Building modern, fast transit into all corners of the city as fast as possible
- Making public transit fully accessible transit
- Frequent service that connects all our neighbourhoods
- Environmental sustainability
- Respect for front line TTC workers
- Respect for fellow TTCriders
TTC Riders has an office space at the Centre for Social Innovation. This is a group office environment shared by several organizations. As we are a start-up group, the executive director will be responsible for providing their own laptop computer and cell phone. There is a stipend that will cover TTCriders’ share of cell phone expenses. TTCriders has a landline as well. The incumbent will be expected to attend meetings of the Board and various committees that generally take place outside of traditional office hours. Our campaigns and board committees are very active and supportive.